The amount and frequency of earthquakes around the 'ring of fire' see:[http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/] and in some other rather interesting locations like the 'New Madrid' area near Memphis TN. are all 'pending' large earthquakes according to a host of world renowned seismologists. LA is next to be shaken then Seattle and Vancouver. Japan isn't finished yet; there is a major fault under Tokyo due to erupt. There are some who say a portion of Japan sits on a small plate that could theoretically slide into the ocean creating a Tsunami that would devastate the western seaboard of the US and Hawaii. There is also the issue of a bulge under the lake in Yellowstone that is creating eruptive pressure that could release a major eruption.
If you want to make it through these upcoming disasters I would like to suggest you put aside some bottled water or better yet a portable water purification system like Seychelle or Katadyn. It would also behoove you to put aside some packaged foods like "MREs" or freeze dried foods like 'Mountain House' or 'Food for Health Intl.'.
(It is important to get in line for these emergency rations since the government has been buying them up very rapidly since they know what is going on. Check out www.nitro-pak.com's delivery delay statement)
I know we all have to continue in the work-a-day world but we need to curtail some of our normally frivolous activities that we fill our non working time with and begin to prepare our homes, vehicles, and families.
There are a multitude of great resources to help you get ready for the upcoming events. It doesn't have to cost a lot to prepare. But the psychology of survival is your first step! It is important to set your family down and begin to discuss an emergency plan. First off, where to meet after an event. Have everyone carry a space blanket, and emergency poncho and a large bandanna for emergency air filtering. Everyone should carry a protein bar with them in case they must spend the night away from their home. Each vehicle should have a first aid kit and if possible an emergency kit that contains food and water.
I don't want to seem like I am pushing anything but I want to share what works for me. I have a couple of Seychelle's purifiers one is a 28 oz filter bottle and one is an emergency 'straw' that you can drink out of mud puddle with. Check our www.seychelle.com (I found it cheaper than Katadyn and a better scientific report).
I would also like to recommend www.foodforhealthinternational.com they have organic food, vitamins and supplements available with some of the food prepared to last 20 years!
I hope that those of you who stumble upon this message will be motivated to begin the process of preparation.
Preparation can't guarantee survival but it will up the odds quite a bit.
I remember my business teacher in college teaching about Dale Carnegie's quote:
"Failing to plan equals planning to fail"
May God be with you.
Edge
Friday, May 13, 2011
Please prepare for the upcoming disasters!
Labels:
disaster,
getting ready.,
preparedness,
prophetic,
survival training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment