Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's time

I have been wondering the periphery of the Christian experience since 1973. I have attended a lot of 'church' meetings, I have served in various capacities in various 'churches' over the years. I found myself confused and even offended by the actions of the leadership of these 'churches'. I finally just stopped attending 'church'. Now over the years I have heard all the reasons why one should attend 'church', especially the verse about 'not forsaking the gathering of yourselves together'. More on that issue later.
In a time of long term unemployment (the recession in the early 80's) I was still attending a church and was active in its programs. I was spending a lot of time praying about my need for work and other family oriented issues when I started getting 'impressions'; that is to say 'mind pictures' of a sort that laid out a picture of a 'relational' Christian community akin to the first century believers. This 'picture' unfolded into quite an elaborate scenario complete with some explanations [I all of a sudden understood why things were shown the way they were] and some reminders of scriptures that provided a deeper understanding of what was to occur.
Nothing I could do ever helped the vision materialize into reality.
So here it is 27 years later and it is starting to 'bubble up' to the surface again.
I have 'bumped' into a man on TV who talks about this 'vision' as though he was there with me. He wrote a book about his 'vision' and speaks about it being time for it.
I have had a man known for his 'connection' to God convey to me the term "Its Time" and another respected Christian minister I watch on TV said that she was told to tell someone in the TV audience that "Its Time".
Great, so now I am up against the original issues that stopped me 27 years ago.  I have even been praying for God to show me what 'it is time' for and I haven't received anything. But I know, deep in my heart that the Time is for the Vision, only I am unsure how to deal with the roadblocks.
So here I am, deja vu  all over again.
If it is time then okay, I am ready for something, I think. If it is the 'Vision' then there is no way to get ready other than trust God to work it out.
It is my hope and prayer that I get another chance to do what I am supposed to do and haven't lost my chance because I didn't 'fight' the opposition at the time.
However I do look at the state of the world right now and the 'Vision' seems far more plausible under these conditions than it would have those many years ago.
So in conclusion, I am left with the 'Vision' indelibly etched into my spirit and with a deep longing to live it out, to fulfill my purpose in this life, something I haven't been able to enjoy in decades.
Now, here is the interesting part of why I am writing this in a blog that I have confirmed has had 0 visitors, 0 followers and no real way of being 'found' in cyberspace.
I am asking Jesus to cause those who need to connect to this vision to find it and that these words would connect with their spirits so that the 'Vision' can be spread.
God Bless all those that find these words and share in its vision.
Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment