Saturday, October 15, 2011

"The ring of Fire"
I have been watching the USGS websites for many years and I have noticed that the seismic events around the world have been steadily increasing in strength and frequency. This brings to mind the biblical concept of "Birth Pangs". Jesus said that there would be earthquakes in diverse places and that this would be the 'beginning of sorrows".
Since I went through the Loma Prieta Quake in 89'  I became a watch dog of seismic activity.
I have always been a "just in case" kind of guy (kudos to my Army training) that sets stuff aside for emergencies. However after the 8 & 9 pointers started popping up (with tsunamis) I have kicked it up a few notches. I have tried to get some of my relatives involved but they don't get it and say the government with take care of them or they say "We'll be fine". Too bad, I will miss them.

I wrote this to say that the government scientists have always told us not to worry; which has always worried me. Remember I was in the Army and know how the government 'works'.
Allow me to outline the standard survivability index for you starting with a quote I have heard all my life:
Failing to plan equals planning to fail.

Survivability has been equated to the standard 'Bell curve', a statistical graph that is used in academia.
The first 20% of the population are not capable of survival for a host of reasons, albeit age, physical impairment  or mental challenges. The next 40% range from 'need a lot of help' to 'just need a little help' and depending on the help available and their desire to survive have a 5-50% chance of making though the event (or events) and starting over building a new life.
The last 20 percent have the ability, the drive and perseverance to not only make it through most catastrophes but also to start over after things settle down a little bit.

Survival is a choice and you've got to want it bad to get the job done!

There are a lot of 'Survival', 'Prepper' and Emergency Action websites available that you can glean knowledge from but it takes time. Which brings me back to my original premise "The Ring of Fire".
How much time do we have? I don't know, but I have put aside some food and water (and water filtration systems) so that we can get through a while without the normal power and water services.
I will say that there are many Scientists who are predicting major seismic events in our near future!
In my previous posts I have provided some websites where I buy my stuff (I don't get any money from them!) and would comfortably recommend them with confidence.
If you want a little training advice I am open to helping you design your path to preparedness, just leave me a comment with your contact info.
Most people would say good luck but luck doesn't give you what you need... You do!
God Bless.
Ps. new website for emergency fuel "Insta-Fire" so stinking cool! www.instafire.com

No comments:

Post a Comment